Friday, April 25, 2008

Getting Started

It's been two days since I happened upon The Spider Web Marketing System. It's an interesting story how I got there in the first place so I'll tell you about it.

For some time now I've been on the mailing list of Rosalind Gardiner, the Queen of Affiliate Marketing, and her Net Profits Today newsletter. Currently she's working with Anik Singal of Affilliate Classroom on the Free Blog Classroom. teaching how to set up your blog for profit. This is a very interesting and informative course, and note that it's FREE ( at least for now).

One of the things Rosalind talked about in lesson video three was setting up Google Alerts. I remembered I did that for my book The Spectators Guide to Cricket butI had not looked back at it since. So I went to it and set up some new alerts. Among my 'Alerts' was "Internet Marketing." On the first day I received alerts I came across this headline "The Spiderweb Marketihg System Does the Work For You" and read it. that led me to the Spider Web Marketing System and the rest, as they say is history.

Now this system is totally FREE to to join and start setting up, but like everything else that initially tells you it's free you're going to have to pay out some doe (money) somewhere along the line. The first thing you have to pay for is a domain name through GDI. This is free for the first ten days if you use the .ws extention and will thereafter cost you $10.00 per month.

Also as one of the TWELVE income streams you're encouraged to join is Direct Matches.com, a social networking site. Now, it's free to join but to get the increased benefits you'll have to pay a $9.95 per month fee.

The system offers to set you up with TWELVE streams of income and there are TWENTY-TWO video tutorials to help you through the process.

While I think that this is a fantastic opportunity I have to admit that I have encountered some problems in setting up my system. You need to sign up with Google Adsence and Commission Junction. I already had accounts with both of these.

Google Adsence I was having problems with before this and I am currently awaiting a solution to my problem with regards to my log in. Last month I logged in successfully, this month I use the same username and password and cant get logged in, but that's another story.

Two of the programms you're need to sign up for with Commission Junction are 'Yahoo Marketing' and 'Search 123'. Both of these rejected my application. I think it is because I am based outside the US that I'm having problems with these but I'm awaiting confirmation on that.

This program is still in it's infancy and has the potential to grow exponentially, capturing more and more people in its web.

No comments: